|036 Knight Squad|
|Cavalier Vandou e-Sport|
|Durham Lords Esports|
|Hardstuck Iron 2|
1.1 Definition of Terms
- Tournament Administrator: Person in charge of your tournament. You can find who are your Tournament Administrators by looking at the Discord’s roles.
- Tournament’s platform: Website where you registered to join the tournament. Most likely on Toornament or Smash.gg.
- Team: Group of players who compete in the tournament together as a unit. If the tournament is played solo, a team or the captain refers to the player.
1.2 General Rules
- Every player must be registered on the tournament’s platform.
- Every player must join the public Discord (https://discord.gg/TPzVcVkpz6) and frequently look out for the announcements of his tournament before and during the tournament.
- Every player must read, understand and agree to the rules for participation in the Lan ETS tournament. Players agree to and consent to these rules, as well as Lan ETS’s authority to enforce them, as a condition of their participation. Each player is therefore expected and required to abide by the Rules, and any failure to follow them will result in punitive measures.
- Every player and substitute for the team must own a BYOC tickets before the tournament.
- Every player has to be physically present at Lan ETS to participate in any tournament.
- Every player must play with his main game account during the entire tournament. No smurf allowed.
- Finals might be played on stage. If that’s the case, the teams are required to comply.
- Every team must hold an appropriate name. Any team attempting to sign up for a tournament with a name deemed unsuitable will be asked to create a new team name in order to participate.
- Rules are subject to change by Tournament Administrators at any given time if deemed necessary.
- Any Tournament Administrator decisions are final.
- The tournament will run from May 14th to 15th, 2022.
- One player per team, preferably the captain, must check in at the administration table on Friday, May 13th, before 10:00PM EST to confirm their attendance. Any important additional information regarding the course of the tournament will be given at this moment.
- Tournament registration will close on Friday, May 13th at 10:00PM EST.
- The tournament will start on Saturday, May 14th, 2020 at 9:00AM EST. It is your responsibility to reach the opponent’s captain with the information provided on the tournament’s platform to start your games as soon as possible.
- Each team is responsible to be aware of its schedule at all times and ready at the scheduled time to play its game. If a team is not fully present and ready to play 15 minutes after the scheduled time, a penalty will be systematically applied to the said team.
- The schedule has to be respected. Changes to the schedule are at the discretion of the Tournament Administrators and will be announced to the players.
2. Team Roster
2.1 Team Captain
- Each team must have a designated captain. The captain is the link between the organizers, administrators and his team before, during and after the event.
- The captain must be a member of the team.
- The captain must check-in his team on Friday to the Tournament Administrators.
- The captain has to give his team ranking average at the admin desk when checking-in on Friday to the Tournament Administrators.
- The captain’s username on Lan ETS Discord must be his in-game name followed by his team name. E.g: [Team]Bobby
- The captain has to report his team matches to the Tournament Administrators after each game.
- The captain has to contact other captains during the tournament to coordinate the next game that has to be played.
- The captain has to be reachable on Discord on all time during the tournament’s hours.
- The captain has to frequently look at the tournament’s Discord channel to be aware of any announcement made by the Tournament Administrators.
- The captain will be the spokesperson of the team in case of a dispute.
2.2 Substitute Players
- Each team is allowed one (1) substitute. The substitute must be added to the team roster before the start of the tournament.
- A substitute player must also own their own BYOC ticket to be allowed as a substitute player.
- Players and substitutes are allowed to be in one team during the tournament. Any team with a player enrolled in more than one team will be disqualified.
- Players can only be swapped between games.
2.3 Streaming / Spectators
- Streaming is allowed with a delay set to a minimum of 5 minutes unless mentioned otherwise by a Tournament Administrator.
- In-Game spectators are not allowed at the exception of the allowed Lan ETS staff.
- Official Lan ETS streamers are allowed to spectate any game at any given time.
3. Tournament * Any disputes must be brought up to a Tournament Administrator as soon as possible.
3.1 Tournament Format
- The tournament format will be decided according to the amount of participating teams.
- Seeding is at the discretion of the tournament administrators. Each player must provide their in-game rank and Riot ID when locking in their registration.
- When a match ends, one member of each team has to report to the Tournament Administrator the match outcome. Following confirmation, your next match will be displayed on the tournament’s platform.
- Each round of a Bo3 must be played one after the other. A maximum of 10 minutes break is allowed (e.g. bathroom).
- You may challenge scoring to the Tournament Administrators. Procedures and decisions are at the discretion of the Tournament Administrators. You must provide proof with screenshots and/or replays.
- Any delay must be immediately reported to a Tournament Administrator.
3.2 Lobby Settings * Allow Cheats: Off * Tournament Mode: On * Play Out All Rounds: Off * Overtime: Win by Two: On * Server Selection - “US East” by default.
3.3 Map Selection Process * The map pool consists of 7 maps: Bind, Haven, Split, Ascent, Breeze, Icebox, and Fracture. * The winner of a coin flip will decide if they are either Team A or Team B. Team A always starts the process. * If there is a seeding, the winner of the coin flip is the better seeded team instead. * Maps for the Match will be selected according to the following procedure: * Teams alternate when doing a map ban or pick. * When a team chooses a map, the other team always chooses the starting side.
Best-of-One * Teams ban one map each alternatively until there are 2 maps left * Team B picks one of the remaining maps * Team A chooses the side.
Best-of-Three * Both teams ban one map each * Both teams pick one map each, and choose the side accordingly. * Then, they ban one map each, and the remaining map is the 3rd map. * Team A picks side for 3rd map.
3.4 Agent Select & Match Start * If a Player picks an Agent by mistake during this phase, the Player must notify a Tournament Official and the opposing team of their intended selection before the timer expires. In this case the Agent Select process will be restarted with the same Picks up until the mistake occurred.
3.5 Tactical Pauses * Timeouts can be called via the in-game timeout system.
3.6 Technical difficulties * Technical Pauses * The player has to announce the reason before or immediately after he requests the pause.
- For any valid reasons (disconnection, lag, equipment issues, dispute), each team is allowed to pause the game for a maximum duration of 15 minutes. Game is resumed past this time, whether the issue is fixed or not.
- Player Disconnect mid-round
- A round is replayed if the issue takes place:
- during the first minute of the round,
- before any damage has occurred
the spike hasn’t been planted * AND the opponent or referee has been immediately notified
Otherwise, a round will continue.
- A round can be awarded If the issue takes place:
- after damage has occurred
- the outcome of the round is obvious (e.g. one team is saving with 10 seconds remaining)
3.7 Cypher’s camera * All uses of a Cypher cam to gain an unfair competitive advantage will be considered banned exploits. * All cams must be destructible, * have the ability to be seen by both teams, * must not exploit map textures to create a one-way view.
4. Code of conduct
All players are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship and maintain respect for one another, players, visitors and Lan ETS staff. They are to treat others as they themselves would like to be treated. Any behavior that is considered to be inappropriate and in violation of the code of conduct includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Non-fair-play behavior, physical or verbal abuse towards players, staff, or any participant.
- Acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person
- Engaging in collusion, which is any agreement between two or more teams or players on different teams to predetermine the outcome of a game.
- Hacking, exploiting, the use of any kind of cheating device and/or cheat programs, or any similar cheating method.
- Intentionally using any in-game bugs or so-called “hacks” to seek an advantage.
- Cheating, manipulating game files, using unapproved game modifications, or any other method by which one may gain an unfair advantage over another player.
- Drugs, alcohol, illegal substances, illegal activities and gambling are strictly prohibited on-site. Players on the effects of drugs, alcohol or illegal substances may be removed from the tournament and/or the Lan ETS event.
- Engaging in violence or any activity which is deemed in the judgment of the Tournament Administrators to be immoral, unethical, disgraceful, or contrary to common standards of decency.
- Touching or otherwise interfering with lights, cameras or other studio equipment.
- You must inform a tournament administrator if you witness an inappropriate or suspicious behavior as soon as possible. Picture (screenshots) proof or video (screen recording) proof are highly recommended to facilitate the resolution of the problem. Any player who violates these rules may be disqualified or sanctioned. Warnings and sanctions may lead to the immediate disqualification and removal of the player and his team from the tournament and/or the Lan ETS event. This decision will be at the discretion of Lan ETS. You can talk to your Tournament Administrator if you see any improper or suspicious behavior.
- Once the tournament is over, if a team is part of the prize pool, it must present itself at the administration desk to fill out all necessary documents. If you are unable to be present at the administration desk, it is your responsibility to contact the Tournament Officials to claim your prize.
- The prize is split equally among the members of the team.
- Each team may have one designated person who is eighteen (18) years of age or older, responsible for distributing any prizing. This can be the same player as the Team Captain or another person entirely. Each player of the team must then present himself at the administration desk to give his agreement.